|Version 9 (modified by mj, 14 years ago)|
Mac OSX pici-server Trouble Shooting
If the pici-server is not working at all please check the following things:
- Is your apache web server running? (you can activate it under the system preferences > Sharing: check the "Personal Web Sharing" checkbox)
- is your mysql server running?
- is PHP activated?
If the pici-server start page appears but the webpage pictures are not working, please check the following things:
- Are all paths to the librarys setup correctly:
- Python path (in file ADMIN/config.php)
- Path to WebKit (in file ADMIN/mkpicture)
- Path to your pici-server-location (in file ADMIN/config.php)
- Are the database tables inserted into your mysql?
- Check whether you are able to generate an image:
Open a Terminal and change into your ADMIN folder. Execute there the following command:
python picidae.py -F -o test http://www.picidae.netYou should now find a Screenshot of the picidae website called test.png in your ADMIN folder.
- If you are using an other Apache than the Mac OSX default one, you need to give the visudo rights to create the picture to the user under which PHP runs.
Find out which user runs your PHP >>
If you still do have a problem and you don't know how to solve it, drop me a mail with an exact description of your problem.
If you solved a problem not listed here, please add it to this wiki-page to help others or drop me an email: email us
If you discovered a bug, you may file it to the buglist.