Table of Contents
- Install a pici-Server on Linux (beta)
- Setup the Basics
- Download the pici-server software
- Set rights for the CACHE folder
- Install the picture creating Software
- Install Fonts
- Setup a virtual Screen
- Give your user access to the shell script
- Create MySQL database
- Setup the configuration file
- Create the database tables
- pici-server successfully installed
- Important first steps
- Linux pici-server Trouble Shooting
Help improving pici-Server on Linux
Solve the Biggest problems
- There is a limitation in picture length. If a Site would be longer, the picture would show grey, unrendered parts on top and at the end of the image. Does anybody know the reason therefore?
- web2pici should create a much faster Timeout error if the Address is not found. (e.g. after 5 seconds if an address can not be resolved).
- There is the need to manually accept all cookies the first time after a pici-server is set up. It would be nice if this could be done automatically.
- Create an automatically installable Version for your own Linux Distribution.
Feel free to add here your thoughts, solutions and ideas.
Make server version for Gnome/KDE/Console Make connectors for other BDD (like PostGreSQL)
Disable the use of sudo who is a security hole. Restrict the access of the directory (chmod 777 pretty un-secure)